Archimedes Level 4 Trainer
Nobody’s better than an Archimedes trained trainer.
The Archimedes Forest Schools Level 4 OCN Award has been developed for individuals and organisations who would like to start running their own OCN Forest Schools training courses from Level 1 up to Level 3. Please download the booklet from the link below. If you would like to discuss Level 4 training then please call Jane on 0114 2834060
Widening government agendas and concerns about the education of children from all walks of life becoming increasingly impacted by the pressures and cultural changes in the way society functions, Forest Schools is providing increasingly diverse opportunities for educators to make a supporting curriculum available that can help children build positive attitudes and values about themselves, about learning and the environment in which they live.
In response to this demand and the lack of alternative industry specific training this level 4 Archimedes Forest School Trainers Award has been developed in partnership with the Open College Network and Adventure Education Training.
We aim to work with organisations both in the private, voluntary and public sectors to establish benchmarks of quality and provision for all those wishing to pursue a career or provide training within their organisations. These benchmarks will provide endorsement for trainers and establish boundaries of good practice ensuring that all trainers passing on their wealth of experience will be working to the high standards of good practice that Archimedes has become known for.
This qualification will be assessed in a number of ways and in order to be considered all applicants will complete a learning log of theory experience to establish the quality of their knowledge, understanding, skill and experience in all the key areas of Forest School ethos, design, delivery and evaluation.
All responses will be assessed against the identified benchmarks and where knowledge, understanding, skill or experience is below the required benchmark criteria an Action Plan will be agreed in order to fill existing gaps in practice.
Archimedes knows that Forest Schools is unique in its motivation, ethos and concept and in order to maintain the quality of trainers and training providers we want to ensure that all those who attend are committed to this good practice and promote the wellbeing of all individuals they work with both physical and psychological.
By becoming an Archimedes Level 4 Associate Trainer you will receive the following benefits and more:
- Be able to deliver our internationally renowned training to your own clients
- Have full use of all Archimedes course training materials and session plans
- You will become a part of our organisation and therefore will benefit from the Archimedes brand
- Be able to run as many training courses you like, wherever you like
- Have full Archimedes marketing and business development support throughout your time as an associate
- Be able to advertise your courses through our online diary (of which we get over 20,000 hits per month)
- Receive 15% off all equipment from the Archimedes Shop
- Receive training and support from our highly experienced and well regarded trainers (including our CEO Sarah Blackwell who first established and wrote the Level 4 Forest Schools Trainer course)
- Be mentored to work to the highest standards of good practice that Archimedes is renowned for
- Receive a FREE starter tools pack (worth £324.99)
- Syndication on our mailing lists and newsletters
Course cost: (Offer is Being Revised).
Our unique pedagogical approach, knowhow and materials are only available to a few people who show that they have the necessary experience, character and passion to be an inspirational trainer.
Each year a handful of hand picked and experienced practitioners become Archimedes Associates, licensed to deliver training using Archimedes materials.
Archimedes believes that practitioners should be trained by people that have attained a greater level of accreditation, knowledge and experience. And by imparting this to their students they will help educate practitioners to a higher level than those trained by their peers.
Becoming part of the Archimedes family and contributing to the ongoing development of world class programmes you will join other exceptional pioneers of this amazing story.